Morgan Select Board Meeting
Held on January 9th 2006 @ 7:00 PM
Present: Select board: R. Miller, R. Guyer, and Brian Gray
Guest: Grace Curtis, David Curtis and Bud McMullan
Meeting started at 7:00 pm
1. Minutes to meeting of December 27, 2005. Approved
2. We still need a moderator, meeting of January 11, 2005 for moderators and
an 800 phone number to sign up. Robert Guyer will call Steve Marsh and discuss
what it entails.
3. Loan & Grant Program Overviews from USDA. Reviewed!
4. Last of appropriations before sending Town Report information to printers:
1. The Old Stone House. $350.00
2. Northeast Kingdom Learning Services, Inc. $300.00
3. Orleans County Sheriffs Department. $6,477.00
4. North Woods Stewardship Center. $800.00
5. Coutts-Moriati Camp, Inc. $150.00
6. Northeast Kingdom Human Services, Inc. $702.00
Approved to add all appropriations to the list
5. Grants for Cities and Towns Hot line. Reviewed!
6. Petition for Article to go into Town Report Warning. Need to have the names
verified and a tally taken to confirm the number of voters. If all is okay it
will be added.
7. Informational Letter from State of Vermont Agency of Natural Resources on
wastewater disposal. Reviewed!
8. Copy of Post Closure re-certification from NEKWMD. Reviewed!
9. Better Buildings by Design conference. Reviewed!
10. Reporting requirements for Hazardous Waste Materials from Department of
Public Safety. Pass on to Maurice @ the Land fill.
11. Orders number 14 & 14A to be signed. Reviewed and signed. Please enclose
all receipts with the next orders. Thanks
a. I need the budget and Selectmen’s Report for the Town Report ASAP. Thank
you. We are working on completing the budget. We are still waiting for some
numbers from the Road commissioner etc.
b. We met with the Curtis family about the Town Lot and went over some
possible options on what can be done to put some closure to the camp/ gate
issue. The Town lot of 213 +/- acres is located off Rte 114. This is still a
work in progress and once we have more to report we will do so. We will have
some information to present at the 2006 Town Meeting.
Meeting adjourned @ 8:25 pm
Written by: R. Guyer