Morgan Select Board Meeting
Held on August 14th, 2006 @ 7:00 PM
Present: R. Miller. R. Guyer, & B. Gray,
(10) committee members for the “Ancient Roads” Richard lafoe, Chairman
of the Committee, Larry Labor, Maryann Beaupre’, Bill Moore, Allan Wooley,
Kenneth Whitehill, Donna Young, Mary Killian, Robert Guyer, and Marston Cubit.
(4) members from the Seymour Lake Assoc. Jim McWain President, Ron Kolar Vice
President, Janet Selby Treasurer, and Bob Slater Head of Milfoil Project.
Also (6) town folks were present with noise complaint concerning
fireworks. Dave Styles, Lisa Moulton, Rachel Guyer, Ellen Guyer, Bob Cain, and
Ancient Road committee meeting started at 6:30 PM
Select Board Meeting started at 7:15 PM
1. Minutes from July 24, 2006 meeting. Reviewed and approved as written
2. Tax Rate Information. Reviewed and changes being made.
3. Renewal of Bridge Acct. Reviewed and decided to with draw funds.
4. Letter from citizens concern of noise & Safety. Richard miller discussed
what the state police had to say about the situation from an e-mail he
received and they suggested we warn the parties in question. If the State
Police get involved they will write citations. They will not give warnings. We
spoke with concerned citizens present as well as the Seymour Lake Association
and agreed to draft a letter which will be posted with in the town and in the
Seymour Lake News Letter. Please understand “fireworks are illegal.
5. Letter from State of Vermont / Reappraisal. Reviewed and passed on to
6. Bill from Derbyline Fire Dept. Reviewed and slated for payment. Notify
owners of property as well.
7. Digital imaging agreement. Reviewed and approved
8. Membership dues for 2006 from Vermont Coalition of Municipalities. Reviewed
9. Letter of Agreement for Computer Appraisal Services. Reviewed and approved
10. Quarterly report from Northeast Kingdom Waste Management District.
11. 2006 Human Services Competitive Grant Application. Reviewed
12. Notice of Public Hearing from Northeast Waste Management District.
13. Project completion Report for Milfoil due Nov. 3, 2006. Tabled till next
14. Information from Fairbanks Mill, concerning bridge or culvert repair.
Reviewed and passed on to Road commissioner
15. Letter from Orleans County Citizens Advocacy @ Bike tour scheduled for
Sept. 16, 2006. Reviewed and accepted
16. Agency of Transportation Information for field contacts. Reviewed
17. Information from VT. League of Cities and Towns/ Education Spending.
18. July Report from Sheriff’s Dept. Reviewed
19. VT. League of Cities and Towns 2006 Town Fair. Reviewed
20. Fred’s plumbing and heating/ pre-buy program. Reviewed and approved
21. RC&D ‘S Fall Conference. Reviewed
22. VLCT NEWS Aug/Sept. issue. Reviewed
23. PUBLIC WORKS July issue. Reviewed
24. Prices on payment drop cabinets. Reviewed, Please get cost and estimate to
25. Orders # 4 only payroll no Accounts Payable. Reviewed and signed.
1. Seymour Lake Association came to the meeting with ideas of how to offset
the short fall from grant monies which did not come thru. The grant for this
year is only $7,000.00 compared to the 14,500.00 last year. The association
has asked that the Select Board write the state as they are doing and plead
our case to them. The facts about Seymour Lake are simple. We are still a
Milfoil Free lake, and in being so it is thought that the state should some
how take consideration for this and help us keep up the fight. It would be a
shame for us to lose this battle now after so much time and effort has been
put forth to prevent milfoil from entering Seymour Lake.
2. The Ancient Roads committee was formed with the members listed
above. The Ancient Roads issue is a carry-over from Town Meeting. The select
board agreed to form a committee to discuss this issue further. Richard Lafoe
spoke on behalf of the issue and mentioned (2) names, Tracy MacIntyre who
works for the NVDA who currently has digital maps, and Doug Morton who is in
charge of this issue at the State level. Doug has agreed to attend a meeting.
Please let the Select Board know if you still have interest in being a member
or if you have any information which would assist them in reviewing the issue.
Maps of the town would be the best source of information. Richard said he had
some to share. We will keep you posted as to when the next meeting will be.
Meeting adjourned @8:45 PM
Minutes written by Robert Guyer