Special Morgan Select Board Meeting
Held on February 13th 2006 @ 7:00 PM
Present: Select board: Richard Miller, Robert Guyer, and Brian Gray
1. Minutes to meeting of January 23, 2006. Approved as written
2. Certificate #142065870 was renewed on 02-01-2006, #142066670 renewed today.
(02-06-2006) Reviewed and approved at prior meeting!
3. Copy of quarterly report from Waste Management. Reviewed
4. Weight Permits to be signed from Blue Seal. Reviewed and signed
5. Letter from Economic Development Council of Northern Vermont, Inc
requesting submission of proposed economic Development Strategy. Reviewed
6. Town Highway Structures and Town Highway Class 2 Roadway Programs from
Vtrans. Reviewed, please pass on to Shawn for further review.
7. Yearly Bill from Derby Line Ambulance Service, Inc. Need to review the past
year cost to compare prior to signing.
8. The Local Landscape on Environmental News in New England. Reviewed
9. February 2006 VLCT News. Reviewed
10. Out of the Blue Newsletter of Water Quality Division. Reviewed
11. February edition of Northeast Municipal Forum. Reviewed
12. Public Works Magazine. Reviewed
13. Copy of Policy Statement from Delinquent Tax Collector Jim Judd. Reviewed,
and tabled for further discussion
14. Copies of Revenue & Expenditure Report. Reviewed
15. Warrant #17. Reviewed and signed
Other business: We reviewed a letter received from VTRANS responding to our
letter/ petition regarding the second portion of RTE 111 extending to RTE 114.
Their letter clearly stated their intentions with regards to what they are
planning to do to the road. They are planning a grinding process similar to
what was done last year and also a reclaiming process. This should clarify
any concerns with regards to simply paving over the existing road. The state
decided against this process. The project is slatted for the summer/ fall of
Meeting adjourned @ 8:15 pm
Written by: R. Guyer